Lemons are one of the most versatile fruits around. Not only are they delicious and refreshing, but they also have a ton of different uses for beauty. From whiter teeth to a healthy complexion, lemons can help you look your best. Keep reading to learn more about the many beauty uses for lemons. You’ll be surprised at how great they can make you look!
Beauty uses for lemons: surprising ways to use this citrus fruit
Lemons are much more than a flavourful addition to your favourite recipes. This citrus fruit has many beauty uses that can help improve your skin, hair and nails.
Here are some surprising ways you can use lemons to beautify yourself:
- Use lemon juice as a natural astringent
One simple way to use lemon for beauty is to dab some lemon juice on a cotton ball and use it as an astringent. The citric acid in lemons helps slough off dead skin cells, so this is a great way to brighten up your complexion. Just be sure to follow up with a moisturiser, as lemon juice can be drying.
- Create a DIY lemon sugar scrub
Looking for a way to pamper yourself? Try making a DIY lemon sugar scrub. Simply mix together equal parts lemon juice and sugar, then massage it onto your skin in a circular motion. Rinse it off with warm water and enjoy softer, smoother skin.
- Use lemon to lighten your hair
If you’re looking for a natural way to lighten your hair, try using lemon juice! Just combine equal parts lemon juice and water in a spray bottle, then spritz it onto your hair. Be sure to sit in the sun for a bit to help the lightening process along. Rinse out the lemon juice when you’re done and enjoy your new lighter locks!
- Make a lemon juice facial toner
Lemon juice can also be used to make a homemade facial toner. Simply mix together one part lemon juice and two parts water, then apply it to your face with a cotton ball. The lemon juice will help to brighten your complexion and tighten pores.
- Use lemon to get rid of dandruff
If you’re struggling with dandruff, try using lemon juice as a natural remedy. Simply massage some lemon juice into your scalp, then rinse it out with warm water. Doing this once or twice a week should help to get rid of dandruff.
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil for a nourishing hair mask
Looking for a way to nourish your hair? Try mixing together lemon juice and olive oil to make a hair mask. Apply the mixture to your hair, then cover it with a shower cap and let it sit for 30 minutes. Rinse out the mask with cold water and enjoy softer, shinier hair.
- Use lemon juice to get rid of under eye circles
Lemon juice can also help to reduce the appearance of under eye circles. Simply soak a cotton ball in lemon juice, then apply it to your under eye area and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water and enjoy brighter looking eyes.
- Make a lemon and honey face mask
Looking for a way to pamper your skin? Try making a lemon and honey face mask. Simply mix together two tablespoons of lemon juice, one tablespoon of honey and one egg white. Apply the mixture to your face, then let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water and enjoy softer, brighter skin.
- Use lemon juice as a natural teeth whitener
Lemon juice can also be used to help whiten your teeth. Simply mix together equal parts lemon juice and baking soda, then use it to brush your teeth. Rinse your mouth out with water when you’re done and enjoy your brighter smile.
How to use lemon for face & body
Lemon is a popular choice for both face and body care. When used topically, lemon can help brighten your skin, clear up acne, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It’s also a natural astringent, so it can help tone your skin. And, when used in body care products, lemon can help refresh and energize your skin. Here are some ways you can use lemon for face and body care:
- Add lemon juice to your facial cleanser or scrub for an extra boost of cleansing power.
- Mix lemon juice with water in a 1:1 ratio and apply it to your face with a cotton ball to help brighten your complexion and fight acne.
- Make a lemon mask by mixing lemon juice, honey, and yogurt. Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Add lemon juice to your bath water for a refreshing and invigorating soak.
- Mix lemon juice with olive oil and sugar to make a body scrub. Then, use it in the shower to slough away dead skin cells and reveal softer, smoother skin.
- Apply a mixture of lemon juice and honey to your legs after shaving to help soothe razor burn.
- Make a body spray by mixing lemon juice, water, and witch hazel. Spray it on your skin after a workout or whenever you need a pick-me-up.
As you can see, there are many ways you can use lemon for face and body care. So, pick up a lemon (or two) next time you’re at the store!